Job Title: Interim Head of Supply Chain
Pharmaceutical company based in London with a portfolio of medicines that cover contraception, fertility, menopause, and osteoporosis. High growth ambitions creating a can-do culture requiring strong team work.
- Responsible for development and oversight of a complex network of Contract Manufacturing Organisations, Logistics, pre-wholesalers and service providers
- Oversee the weekly/monthly forecasting and order planning process to ensure accurate inventory quantities to avoid stock out and excess inventory
- Coach in-market GMs and commercial ops managers on best practice SC input (forecasting, demand planning, launch planning)
- Negotiate and execute vendor agreements with contract manufacturers and service providers
- Lead and manage the company’s Supply Chain network through execution all procurement processes including administration of overall spend, identifying cost savings/ efficiencies, and developing and maintaining strategic vendor partnerships
- Build and coach team members
A significant all-encompassing role in a pacey, commercial environment; the newly appointed Head of Supply Chain will manage a Portfolio of 26 product families, 17 contract suppliers, 17 API suppliers, 500+ SKU’s and manage the Supply Chain to 50+ countries.
An ‘in-demand’ role for many pharmaceutical companies. From a choice of two candidates, one went through a detailed interview process, meeting the senior stakeholders across the business; leaving his previous project on the Friday to take up this role on the Monday.