Job Title: Interim Chief Medical Officer
Our client is a specialist CNS company with a high concentration of expertise in both degenerative and behavioural diseases of the brain and nervous system. The team utilises a network of industry-leading contract research organisations to develop NCE’s and repurpose existing launched drugs.
- Support for final Ph2a (and or 2b/3) trial design for their CNS programme
- Commissioning rewrite of IB (to include new data), reviewing and finalisation of IB;
- Project management of and participation in pre-IND and IND activities and interactions with FDA;
- Potentially lead active trial commencing 2019. Supporting IND enabling activities on preclinical NCE programmes
- Eventual SAD/MAD design
- Experience in CNS, degenerative and/or behavioural studies
Following retirement our client needed to appoint an Interim CMO. This person would be the ‘Clinical Research guru’, managing the FDA interactions, leading the organisation into Phase 2a and 2b/3 studies for their lead programme in CNS disease.
Our client was presented with 5 strong profiles they took 3 candidates through to 2nd stage interview with the successful interim contracted for 12 months. The client complimented the smooth recruitment process and the level of detail provided by PiR to allow a quick decision to be made and to appoint their ideal candidate.
Jo Wrynn, Interims Team
PiR is a specialist recruitment company, established for over a decade, focused exclusively on identifying senior talent who deliver strategically and operationally to international life sciences organisations.
The relevance and depth of PiR’s expertise is reflected in the team’s combined life science recruitment experience of over 40 years; across key business functions at leadership and expert level. Our exclusive focus on, and network in, the sector ensures our solutions are aligned and relevant to client companies, reflecting our inherent understanding of the life science industry.
PiR’s client services include:
• Executive Search
• Interim Management Services
• Talent Mapping
PiR’s team is aligned to provide a depth of expertise across key business segments:
• Early stage, investor backed and SME organisations, as well as mid-capped specialist companies. These include advanced and novel therapies (cell, gene, and RNAbased), orphan drugs and innovative medical technology
• Building senior teams for newly funded and growing organisations
• Director, leadership and expert level; Medical/Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (including Quality and Supply Chain) and Commercial (HEOR, Pricing & Reimbursement, Market Access, product management)
• Board level appointments (CEO, CBO, COO, CSO, CMO, Chair, NED)
To learn more about PiR, please contact Sally Hope, CEO at email@example.com. Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 499580