Job Title: Interim Medical Director
Our client provides treatments for rare diseases and specialty indications. Their research and product portfolio is primarily focused on haemophilia and inflammation, working across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. PiR partners with them to support recruitment with both Interim Management and Executive Search services.
- GMC registered Physician
- Significant pharmaceutical industry experience
- Extensive experience in medical affairs gained either in an affiliate or HQ setting
- In-depth knowledge of pharmaceutical product development, product lifecycle management and commercialisation processes
- Advanced understanding of other functions including, but not limited to, Clinical Operations /Commercial/ Drug Safety / Regulatory and Market Access
- Knowledge of the UK and RoI pharmaceutical industry and regulatory/compliance/health system landscape
- Extensive experience of collaborating with, engaging and building long-lasting relationships with Key Opinion Leaders
- Proven leadership capabilities
A fantastic opportunity arose due to the promotion of our clients existing Medical Director. This leading Rare Diseases organisation approached PiR to help resource an Interim Medical Director who would take on this European Medical Lead role. They needed this individual to drive the engagement of KOLs, professional societies and other key stakeholders in affiliate, whilst managing and developing staff in the Medical Department. This individual would play a central part providing high level Medical support to the business.
We provided a shortlist of 3 interim candidates and they chose to interview two options. Our client was delighted with the shortlist and liked both candidates. They particularly clicked with one candidate and moved forward with an interim offer. Following 6 months in an Interim Capacity they offered our candidate a permanent role in the organisation.
Joanne Wrynn, Interims Team
PiR is a specialist recruitment company, established for over a decade, focused exclusively on identifying senior talent who deliver strategically and operationally to international life sciences organisations.
The relevance and depth of PiR’s expertise is reflected in the team’s combined life science recruitment experience of over 40 years; across key business functions at leadership and expert level. Our exclusive focus on, and network in, the sector ensures our solutions are aligned and relevant to client companies, reflecting our inherent understanding of the life science industry.
PiR’s client services include:
• Executive Search
• Interim Management Services
• Talent Mapping
PiR’s team is aligned to provide a depth of expertise across key business segments:
• Early stage, investor backed and SME organisations, as well as mid-capped specialist companies. These include advanced and novel therapies (cell, gene, and RNAbased), orphan drugs and innovative medical technology
• Building senior teams for newly funded and growing organisations
• Director, leadership and expert level; Medical/Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (including Quality and Supply Chain) and Commercial (HEOR, Pricing & Reimbursement, Market Access, product management)
• Board level appointments (CEO, CBO, COO, CSO, CMO, Chair, NED)
To learn more about PiR, please contact Sally Hope, CEO at email@example.com. Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 499580