Job Title: Interim Chief Finance Officer
Our client’s focus is in novel therapeutics for cancer and other unmet diseases, where treatment options are currently severely limited. They are recruiting for a Life Sciences focused Interim CFO, (somebody that has pharma industry knowledge); somebody with vast experience of strategy and as well as the operational side.
- Medical Degree combined with a high level of commercial acumen gained in an industry setting. Higher training in Pharmaceutical medicine was advantageous
- Previous experience in medical affairs to include European or global experience was preferred
- Broad experience in medical affairs activities such as advisory boards, symposia, publications planning, educational materials development and strategic planning.
- Experience in the Pain management and treatment therapy area
- Understanding of current treatment paradigms and interpret expected future changes based on competitive set/landscape and pipeline
- Conversant with ethical codes regarding promotional activities
To support ongoing commercial transactions; providing recommendations around the transactional side and to additionally, help summarise and better frame the business impacts of those deals for their board and future investors.
To support fund-raising; to help the organisation formulate the overall investment case, and advise on strategy for quanta, staging and corporate structuring, perhaps having contacts within the finance arena; networks complementing their networks.
Plan the permanent CFO appointment, growing their capabilities and options for managing their finances going forward—helping the organisation more clearly define and structure a CFO post, and to assist placing the right candidate at the right time.
We presented two candidates that closely met the brief. The company decided to interview both candidates in a face-to-face scenario and a successful appointment was made. The candidate started quickly, in an interim and very ad-hoc capacity to support the organisation and started adding value almost immediately.
Joanne Wrynn, Interims Team
PiR is a specialist recruitment company, established for over a decade, focused exclusively on identifying senior talent who deliver strategically and operationally to international life sciences organisations.
The relevance and depth of PiR’s expertise is reflected in the team’s combined life science recruitment experience of over 40 years; across key business functions at leadership and expert level. Our exclusive focus on, and network in, the sector ensures our solutions are aligned and relevant to client companies, reflecting our inherent understanding of the life science industry.
PiR’s client services include:
• Executive Search
• Interim Management Services
• Talent Mapping
PiR’s team is aligned to provide a depth of expertise across key business segments:
• Early stage, investor backed and SME organisations, as well as mid-capped specialist companies. These include advanced and novel therapies (cell, gene, and RNAbased), orphan drugs and innovative medical technology
• Building senior teams for newly funded and growing organisations
• Director, leadership and expert level; Medical/Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (including Quality and Supply Chain) and Commercial (HEOR, Pricing & Reimbursement, Market Access, product management)
• Board level appointments (CEO, CBO, COO, CSO, CMO, Chair, NED)
To learn more about PiR, please contact Sally Hope, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 499580