Job Title: Interim Vigilance Physician
A mid-sized biopharmaceutical company who are global leaders in pain medicine, with a significant and growing presence in other core therapeutic areas of respiratory, oncology and biosimilars.
This requirement arose to provide medical expertise for review and analysis of the safety of the Company’s investigational and post-marketing assigned products, to ensure consumer, prescriber and regulatory authority confidence. The successful individual would provide core medical pharmacovigilance input where required into the product teams and additionally provide drug safety expertise and support for clinical trials.
- Responsible for periodic regulatory safety reports, signal detection and evaluation, benefit-risk assessment, risk management plans (incorporating risk minimisation), due diligence, relevant labelling support and responding to regulatory authority safety queries, for both investigational and post-authorisation products
- Act as product expert for assigned products, managing post-authorisation safety surveillance. Ensure that signal Detection, evaluation and benefit-risk assessment activities are performed for assigned products
- Act as safety expert for assigned due diligence to performed safety review and provide a balanced safety assessment for the products and projects which are being evaluated
We presented two candidates to our client. We were confident both candidates were closely aligned to the skills required for this role. Our client opted to see one candidate, who had a positive telephone interview; and a face-to-face interview quickly following.
An offer was made for the candidate to complete a 6 month assignment. The candidate is delighted and excited to also be given the opportunity to mentor other medics.
Joanne Wrynn, Interims Team
PiR is a specialist recruitment company, established for over a decade, focused exclusively on identifying senior talent who deliver strategically and operationally to international life sciences organisations.
The relevance and depth of PiR’s expertise is reflected in the team’s combined life science recruitment experience of over 40 years; across key business functions at leadership and expert level. Our exclusive focus on, and network in, the sector ensures our solutions are aligned and relevant to client companies, reflecting our inherent understanding of the life science industry.
PiR’s client services include:
• Executive Search
• Interim Management Services
• Talent Mapping
PiR’s team is aligned to provide a depth of expertise across key business segments:
• Early stage, investor backed and SME organisations, as well as mid-capped specialist companies. These include advanced and novel therapies (cell, gene, and RNAbased), orphan drugs and innovative medical technology
• Building senior teams for newly funded and growing organisations
• Director, leadership and expert level; Medical/Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (including Quality and Supply Chain) and Commercial (HEOR, Pricing & Reimbursement, Market Access, product management)
• Board level appointments (CEO, CBO, COO, CSO, CMO, Chair, NED)
To learn more about PiR, please contact Sally Hope, CEO at email@example.com. Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 499580