Job Title: Interim Medic
A mid-sized biopharmaceutical company who are global leaders in pain medicine, with a significant and growing presence in other core therapeutic areas of respiratory, oncology and biosimilars.
- Medical Degree combined with a high level of commercial acumen gained in an industry setting. Higher training in Pharmaceutical medicine was advantageous
- Previous experience in medical affairs to include European or global experience was preferred
- Broad experience in medical affairs activities such as advisory boards, symposia, publications planning, educational materials development and strategic planning.
- Experience in the Pain management and treatment therapy area
- Understanding of current treatment paradigms and interpret expected future changes based on competitive set/landscape and pipeline
- Conversant with ethical codes regarding promotional activities
To strengthen the medical affairs support to the European Pain Franchise team, helping to shape and lead medical and scientific support strategy for new opportunities in phase 2/3 through to launch. This Interim Medic provides medical and scientific support to the development plans for new assets and provides medical, clinical and scientific contribution to the assessment/due diligence of new asset opportunities within Pain.
We provided 4 CVs to the client, the client opted to interview 3 candidates and quickly moved to offer stage. The candidate started the following week. It was the candidate’s first interim assignment, PiR guided through them through the process, including what was required in terms of compliance: advising on Limited Company, hotels to use, Indemnities insurance. The candidate has since been extended in their contract and is making an excellent contribution to the Pain franchise and also other areas of the business.
Joanne Wrynn, Interims Team
PiR is a specialist recruitment company, established for over a decade, focused exclusively on identifying senior talent who deliver strategically and operationally to international life sciences organisations.
The relevance and depth of PiR’s expertise is reflected in the team’s combined life science recruitment experience of over 40 years; across key business functions at leadership and expert level. Our exclusive focus on, and network in, the sector ensures our solutions are aligned and relevant to client companies, reflecting our inherent understanding of the life science industry.
PiR’s client services include:
• Executive Search
• Interim Management Services
• Talent Mapping
PiR’s team is aligned to provide a depth of expertise across key business segments:
• Early stage, investor backed and SME organisations, as well as mid-capped specialist companies. These include advanced and novel therapies (cell, gene, and RNAbased), orphan drugs and innovative medical technology
• Building senior teams for newly funded and growing organisations
• Director, leadership and expert level; Medical/Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (including Quality and Supply Chain) and Commercial (HEOR, Pricing & Reimbursement, Market Access, product management)
• Board level appointments (CEO, CBO, COO, CSO, CMO, Chair, NED)
To learn more about PiR, please contact Sally Hope, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 499580