Job Title: Interim CEO
Our client has 15 years’ experience developing bespoke measurement systems, developing innovative, optical measurement systems for both medical and industrial applications – very much working in the ‘medtech/diagnostics’ space, offering b-to-b solutions.
- Overall General Manager (GM) to the team
- Patent agent, patent filing – taking any questions
- Customer Management – varied base of
- Oversight of supplier costs
- Working with the Engineers, developing them and developing new ideas
- Assessing current R&D processes and improving
- Sales – looking at repeat business
The Interim CEO will support this R&D Diagnostics company, with office-based support for 2 – 3 days per week. The successful Interim CEO will look after the Business-As-Usual (BAU) Tasks whilst also driving the projects forward. Alongside managing the (BAU) Tasks this individual will also be responsible for driving the products through the development phase into production; trying to secure repeat sales. The business are currently working on the strategy to commercialise their products. They require someone with a technical background from a manufacturing environment who will help take things from R&D into production/manufacturing to commercialisation.
The current CEO needed support whilst they embarked on fundraising opportunities – they needed to ensure that the business continued to run smoothly in their absence. PiR presented five options – for which the CEO telephone interviewed all five options, opting to take two candidates through to a face-to-face interview and offered the role to one candidate. The client was impressed with the speed of the recruitment and the quality of the candidates presented – they felt spoilt for choice.
Joanne Wrynn, Interims Team
PiR is a specialist recruitment company, established for over a decade, focused exclusively on identifying senior talent who deliver strategically and operationally to international life sciences organisations.
The relevance and depth of PiR’s expertise is reflected in the team’s combined life science recruitment experience of over 40 years; across key business functions at leadership and expert level. Our exclusive focus on, and network in, the sector ensures our solutions are aligned and relevant to client companies, reflecting our inherent understanding of the life science industry.
PiR’s client services include:
• Executive Search
• Interim Management Services
• Talent Mapping
PiR’s team is aligned to provide a depth of expertise across key business segments:
• Early stage, investor backed and SME organisations, as well as mid-capped specialist companies. These include advanced and novel therapies (cell, gene, and RNAbased), orphan drugs and innovative medical technology
• Building senior teams for newly funded and growing organisations
• Director, leadership and expert level; Medical/Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (including Quality and Supply Chain) and Commercial (HEOR, Pricing & Reimbursement, Market Access, product management)
• Board level appointments (CEO, CBO, COO, CSO, CMO, Chair, NED)
To learn more about PiR, please contact Sally Hope, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 499580