Job Title: Non Executive Chair
A start-up imaging company spun out of an academic institution focussed in the neurological space.
- An “investible” track record as a Chair, CEO or senior level executive gained within the life science sector, specifically technology, medtech or imaging
- Established relationships with early stage investors and institutions
- Comfortable in an early stage company where infrastructure and support are minimal
- Significant industry experience with a comprehensive network of contacts across early stage, SME and corporate medtech/imaging organisations
- A visionary who can understand the value that disruptive technology, particularly AI and machine learning, can unlock within healthcare applications.
It became apparent from initial fund-raising discussions that for the Company to secure a £2-3m Series A funding round, it would be advantageous to have secured the services of an experienced Chair. The individual being sought would support the CEO in the fund-raising process and more broadly work with the founders and wider team to develop a strategy that maximises the likelihood of the company achieving long term growth and success.
PiR is a specialist recruitment company, established for over a decade, focused exclusively on identifying senior talent who deliver strategically and operationally to international life sciences organisations.
The relevance and depth of PiR’s expertise is reflected in the team’s combined life science recruitment experience of over 40 years; across key business functions at leadership and expert level. Our exclusive focus on, and network in, the sector ensures our solutions are aligned and relevant to client companies, reflecting our inherent understanding of the life science industry.
PiR’s client services include:
• Executive Search
• Interim Management Services
• Talent Mapping
PiR’s team is aligned to provide a depth of expertise across key business segments:
• Early stage, investor backed and SME organisations, as well as mid-capped specialist companies. These include advanced and novel therapies (cell, gene, and RNAbased), orphan drugs and innovative medical technology
• Building senior teams for newly funded and growing organisations
• Director, leadership and expert level; Medical/Medical Affairs, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing Operations (including Quality and Supply Chain) and Commercial (HEOR, Pricing & Reimbursement, Market Access, product management)
• Board level appointments (CEO, CBO, COO, CSO, CMO, Chair, NED)
To learn more about PiR, please contact Sally Hope, CEO at email@example.com. Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 499580